To make referral for a Cooper specialist, please call 800.8.赌钱游戏手机APP (800.826.6737) or complete our online referral form.
Transferring or Admitting a Patient
The 赌钱游戏手机APP中转中心 is a service offered to hospitals and physicians who wish to initiate a patient transfer to Cooper University Hospital. The transfer requires physician-to-physician consultation, which the transfer center initiates. By providing one point of contact, the 赌钱游戏手机APP中转中心 streamlines the transfer process with a transfer nurse coordinator on duty 24/7.
When you initiate a transfer request, the 赌钱游戏手机APP中转中心:
- Coordinates the transfer process via a single point of contact.
- Facilitates identification of a receiving specialist if requested by the referring physician and based upon the patient’s condition.
- Coordinates logistics to ensure bed availability.
- Facilitates communication of patient status and provides updates to all involved clinicians.
- Coordinates all transport arrangements.
- 检查保险, 资格, and authorization for transfer, and provides alerts of potential coverage issues (non-urgent cases).
- Assists in ensuring compliance with laws regarding healthcare access.
Information You Will Need to Provide
When you need to transfer a patient, call the Center at 855.CUH.转送 (855.284.9337) as soon as possible, with the following information:
- Patient’s name, date of birth, and social security number
- Diagnosis and reason for transfer.
- Insurance Information / Pre-certification Number
- Hospital name and sending unit phone and fax number.
- Sending physician’s contact information: name and phone number.
- Name of the physician to whom the patient is being referred. Let us know if you need assistance identifying an accepting physician or specialist.
- Be prepared to fax the patient’s face sheet to the Center
- Be prepared to give the Transfer Nurse Coordinator a clinical report on the patient.
Types of Transfers We Coordinate
Cooper coordinates air and land transport for emergent and non-emergent transfers 24/7, including:
- Critically ill, non-trauma adult patients to:
- Medical-Surgical Intensive Care Unit
- CT Surgery Intensive Care Unit
- Aortic Center (aortic aneurysm or aortic dissection)
- Progressive Care Unit and Telemetry
- Critically ill, non-trauma pediatric patients
- Non-emergent Med-Surg admissions
The 特快收纳组 at Cooper University Hospital expedites the admission process for patients coming from their physician’s office who need to be admitted to an inpatient unit at Cooper. 单位, on the 5th floor of the Kelemen Pavilion, is equipped with private waiting rooms with comfortable reclining chairs in a warm, 私人设置. 病人 will be welcomed by experienced nurses and clinical care technicians.
Our goal is to have your patients to their assigned inpatient bed within 90 minutes of arrival to the lounge.
Benefits of the 特快收纳组
- Allows stable patients to bypass the Emergency Department
- Increased patient safety with additional nursing care while waiting for a bed
- Nursing and clinical assessments including health history, vital signs, IV and blood draws
- ICU or isolation patients (will accept neutropenic precautions)
- 病人 requiring level of care higher than a medical-surgical floor
- 病人 who cannot ambulate into and out of medical recliner
- Age <18 years
- Referring physicians contact the 赌钱游戏手机APP中转中心 at 1.855.CUH-转送 (1.855.284.9337)
- 病人 will be instructed to arrive at Cooper Admissions Office
- 病人 will be assigned to the 特快收纳组 if appropriate
For more information about the 赌钱游戏手机APP中转中心 or the 特快收纳组, contact Karen N. Gruber, RN, BSN, CEN, Director of Operations, Center for Urgent and Emergent 服务, at 856.342.2429 或电子邮件 Gruber-Karen@cooperhealth.edu.